2.24.2008

Little Star Heels with Mary Tanti

Little Star Heels with Mary Tanti - Sat April 5 - 9am - Noon

We will be doing a two coloured heel in a not-yet-published pattern that I call “Little Stars”, and learning how to turn the heel in two-coloured stripes without the little ‘jog’.
If you sign up for this workshop we will send you a yarn package and you should come to the retreat with your sock ready to make the heels.

Mary Tanti
I was found sitting on the stairs, knitting, at the age of 2 having been taught by my father.For the next few years I was content to knit clothes for teddy bears and toy horse blankets, while I learned other sewing and related crafts. I am interested in all handcrafts I ran the gamut from copper work, pottery, painting and through all the fibre arts.
I still do some lace, -bobbin, tatting and crochet –and also traditional east coast rug hooking, apart from one brief ( 7 year) marriage to a man who couldn’t stand the sound of clicking needles - knitting has proved to be my main interest.
I do clothing for all ages, shapes and sizes. I delight in making special pieces to fit handicapped and people with special needs. Creating new patterns and designs is a constant in my life and I can hardly get one written down before starting on the next idea. Although I haven’t taught many people to knit, I have enjoyed leading many knitters to explore new techniques by giving presentations, workshops and classes to groups and guilds and at a local yarn store.

No comments: